Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Man-made monsters"

James Delingpole once wrote an article with a title something like... "Why I hate Cornwall." I apologise in advance if I misquote him, it was a few years ago and I can't find a copy of the article online, but it stayed in my mind because he made such a good point.

The reason he gave for being annoyed with Cornwall was that it was the place that had started the fashion for wind turbines, but because these turbines were such small ones, people who visited Cornwall had been lulled into the belief that turbines weren't so bad.

Well. this will no longer be the case. Cornwall Council's strategic planning committee has approved plans to build twenty 410 ft high wind turbines in Davidstow, near Camelford. The headline in the Western Morning News says it all... "Council backs `man-made monsters`"... read more here

No comments: